Tunisia is a beautiful country that is full of history.
It is also where many scenes from the Star Wars movies were filmed. When I visited the country in 2007—thirty years after the first Star Wars movie—many of the filming locations had hardly changed.
Hear about my trip on the Amateur Traveler podcast, Episode 132: Travel to Tunisia.
- Capital of Tunisia
- Gateway to the south (and Anakin Skywalker's home)
- A town rich in Berber architecture.
- Ksar Haddada
- Ksar used in Episode I
- Berber villages
- Ancient Berber villages around Tataouine
- Town on the island of Jerba
- Unground houses and Luke Skywalker's home.
- A major tow in the west of Tunisia
- Sidi Bouhlel
- Star Wars Canyon, where many scenese from Episode IV were filmed.
- Lars Homestead
- The exterior of Luke Skywalker's home.
- Mos Espa
- A set built in the desert for Epsiode I.
- El Jem
- A town with a well preserved Roman colleseum.
- The famous city where Hanabal came from.
- Tunisia Locations
- GPS locations.