In June 2010, I visited China and travelled overland from Shanghai to Hong Kong.
It was a great trip. I was amazed at how China has changed since
the last time I was there in 2001 (when I visited
the Three Gorges
and Beijing). The cities were very
modern, quite clean, and surprisingly green. There seemed to be
progress and construction going on everywhere, which is quite amazing
when the rest of the world is still recovering from the global
- A modern city of about 20 million people hosting World Expo 2010.
- Thames Town
- Something very unexpected in the outskirts of Shanghai.
- Famous for its scenic West Lake.
- A great base to visiting the area.
- A traditional village.
- Another traditional village.
- Amazing mountains that feature in many Chinese paintings.
- The historical capital of China and a place that history
should not forget.
- An unexpected surprise.
- The world's fastest train.